World Liver Day is an annual event designed to promote awareness about liver illnesses and the value of liver health. Yoga can help to detoxify the liver and stimulate its activities, which can help to maintain liver health. Here are five yoga positions that can help with liver health:
1. Salabhasana (Locust Pose) – Salabhasana is a backbend that strengthens the back muscles and stimulates the liver.
2. Balasana (Child’s Pose) – Balasana is a restorative pose that can assist to calm the nervous system and promote relaxation.
3. Adomukhi Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose) – Adomukhi Svanasana is a forward bend that can increase blood circulation and stimulate digestion.
4. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forwards Bend) – Paschimottanasana is a forward bend that can help with digestion and stress relief.
5. Marjariasana (Cat Pose) – Marjariasana is a mild spinal stretch that can benefit digestion by massaging the abdominal organs.
World Liver Day: While these yoga positions may be useful for liver health, they should not be used in place of medical therapy for liver illness. It is recommended that you visit with a healthcare expert if you are experiencing signs of liver damage or have concerns about your liver health.